-> aX bbb ccccc
The cat# says nothing about the correct label, only something about the
market (or manufacturer), the ?format? and the origin of the sound
recording. The copies can have different labels in different territories
(see example 2).
- 0C = United Kingdom (from March 1973 until ca. 1988)
- 1A = ?Benelux?
- 1C = Germany, Electrola Gesellschaft m.b.H. until 1972, since 1972
EMI Electrola GmbH
- 1E = United Kingdom (from 1969 until March 1973)
- 1J = Spain (from 1969 until ca mid-1976)
- 2C = France, Pathé Marconi EMI
- 2J = Greece (from 1972 until 1974)
- 2M = France, Music For Pleasure
- 2S = France, Sonopresse
- 3C = Italy, EMI Italiana SpA
- 3E = Switzerland
- 4B = Belgium, International Bestseller Company
- 4C = Belgium
- 4M = Belgium, Music For Pleasure
- 4E = Sweden
- 5C = Netherlands (from 1969 until ca. 1978)
- 5E = Finland
- 5M = Netherlands, Music for Pleasure
- 5N = Netherlands, Negram BV
- 6C = Denmark
- 7C = Sweden
- 8C = Norway
- 8E = Portugal
- 10C = Spain (from ca. mid 1976 until 1985)
- 11C = Portugal
- 12C = Austria
- 13C = Switzerland
- 14C = Greece (from 1974)
- 31C = Brazil (from 1978)
- 32C = Chile (from 1979)
- 33C = Mexico (from 1978)
- 82C = South Africa (from 1978)
- Marks the three-digit price code.
- 00000 to 03999: classical music
- 04000 to ca. 08000: artists of the UK branch (mostly "Ⓟ EMI
Records Ltd.") (1969-1983)
- 10000 to ca. 15000: artists of the French branch (1969-1980)
- 17000 to ca. 18700: Italian artists
- 19000 to 19999: Benelux artists (1980's)
- 20000 to ca. 22844: Spanish artists (1969-1996) From 1983 with 1 prefix and mediatype-based suffix
- 23000 to 23999: artists of the Belgian branch
- 24000 to ca. 27000: artists of the Dutch branch
- 28000 to 32999: artists of the German branches (1969-1978)
- 33000 to 33999: Swiss & Austrian artists
- 34000 to 39999: Scandinavian artists
- 40000 to ca. 40622: Portuguese artists (1969-1983) recording for EMI-Valentim De Carvalho, Música Lda.
- 41000 to 41###: Colorit & Kaleidoskop labels (e.g. http://www.discogs.com/release/10062459)
- 45000 to ca. 47000: artists of the German branch (1978-1983)
- 53900 to 53999: exclusive for the
Papagayo label (1981-1984). From 1983 with 1 prefix and mediatype-based suffix.
- 56000 to 56098: exclusive for the
Papagayo label (1984-1986). With 1 prefix and mediatype-based suffix.
(before the label was listed under 45###-47###)
- 59000 to ca. 59280: (1985-1988) WEA-releases licensed to EMI-Valentim de Carvalho, Música Lda. (with 1-prefix and mediatype-based suffix)
- 59500 to ca. 59599: (1986-1989) exclusive for the
Papagayo (with 1-prefix and mediatype-based suffix)
- 70000 to ca. 71310: artists of the Greek branch (1973 to 1983). From 1983 With 1 prefix and mediatype-based suffix.
- 70000 to 70113: EMI Italiana S.p.A. jukebox 7" singles (1973-1977), EMI branding, different licensed labels, different artists A/B. NOTE: these are duplicate catalog numbers in relation to 70000-sequence for artists of the Greek branch.
- 72000 to ca. 73200: artists of the French branch (1980-1985)
- 77500 to ca. 77707: artists of EMI-Valentim De Carvalho, Música Lda. (1984-1991) With 1-prefix and mediatype-based suffix.
- 78000 to 78###: mixed compilations of EMI-owned and/or recordings licensed to EMI with recordings owned by other recording companies
- 79000 to 79241: EMI Italiana S.p.A. jukebox 7" singles (1977-1983), EMI branding, different licensed labels, different artists A/B.
- 80000 to ?82500?: Capitol Records, Inc. recording artists, EMI-Odeon recording artists (South-America), Irish artists, Greek artists (until 1973), (in Germany also Kling & Klang, see Kraftwerk copies) (1969-1977)
- 85000 to ca 86300: Capitol copies (+ the new EMI America sub label)
- ?82500? to ?84000?: United Artists & Liberty labels (since 1979,
year of acquisition)
- 89000 to ca. 89050: Music For Pleasure Limited-owned classical repertoire (ca. 1973-1983). From 1983 with 1-prefix and mediatype-based suffix. (Music For Pleasure, Plaisir Du Classique, Die Stimme Seines Herren, Emi-nent)
- 90000 to 99599: EMI-distributed labels (Tamla Motown, Arista, RAK, ABC, MCA, A&M, Casablanca, Paramount, Asylum, Dot, Stax, Fantasy, Prestige, Rhino Records, Rocket, etc.) or non- "EMI group artists" (between 1969-1977)
- 99600 to 99999: Deutsche Harmonia Mundi releases (1976-1984)
- 60000 to 60038: EMI Italiana S.p.A. jukebox 7" singles (1969-1973), EMI branding, different licensed labels, different artists A/B. NOTE: these are duplicate catalog numbers in relation to 60000-sequence for artists of EMI-distributed labels below.
- 60000 to ca. 65555: EMI-distributed labels (Motown, Arista, RAK, MCA, A&M, Carrere, Salsoul, Stax, Fantasy, Prestige, Baby Records, Rocket, etc.) or non- "EMI group artists" (1977-1983). From 1983 with 1-prefix and mediatype-based suffix.
- 66000 to ca. 66265: EMI (Australia) Limited MID-price albums and compilation of EMI-owned repertoire. With 1-prefix and mediatype-based suffix (1986-1989)
- 69500 to ca. 69605: Deutsche Harmonia Mundi releases (1984-1987)
6-digit-variants (1977-1987, including EAN-conversion 1983-1989)
- 400000 to ca. 400185: EMI-owned labels from USA and Canada (Capitol, Liberty, EMI-America — 1981-1983)
- 401000 to ca. 401100: artists of Greek Branch (1983 - ca. 1987)
- 405000 to ca. 405321: artists of the South-African branch (1979- ca. 1987) ??
- 406000 to ca. 406800: artists of EMI South-African licensed labels? (1979- ca. 1983) ??
- 41#### from 1983: Music For Pleasure, Classics For Pleasure, Hour Of Pleasure, EMI Eminence, Fame 4-digit catalog numbers were upgraded to 6-digit numbers by adding 41-prefix
- 420000 to ca. 422575: artists of the Brazilian branch (1978-1989)
- 430000 to ca. 432008 (?): albums and compilations produced and released by EMI (Australia) Ltd. (1983-1987)
- 431063 to 431075: EMI (Australia) Ltd.: Albert Productions LP-releases (1984-1988)
- 440000 to ca. 440747: artists of the Chilean branch (1978-1987)
- 451000 to ca. 451703: artists of the Mexican branch (1978-1984) NB: no releases known for numbers 450000-450999.
- cat#: 7C 052-18221
--> 7C=Swedish copy; 18###=artist of the Italian EMI branch
- on the images:
(p) EMI Italiana SpA / Made in Sweden / EMI Svenska AB
- (btw Label=EMI)
- original Italian copy is
|here (3C 034-18221, also
- Catalog#: 5C 062-04 917
- Label: Harvest
- Catalog#: 8E 062-04 917
- Label: Stateside